Raiden: Rogue Unit is a two-part 2018 martial arts action thriller directed and produced by Jackiepwners.
Raiden is unexpectedly drafted to the Hikari Shokuin, a foreign task force full of others similar to him. But after witnessing their sadistic actions, Raiden decides to revolt against his own team for their horrid tactics during operations. Along the burden, he pursues the one who sent him there.
The writing for the film began in early 2018 and finished in February 2018. Filming began on April 6th, 2018 and was expected to finish in the fall. Part 1 was released in October of 2018, with Part 2 released in November of 2018, a month later.
Part 1 of Rogue Unit received generally positive reviews, with praise going toward the story, characters, effects, and animations. Criticism was directed at parts of the writing, along with the lack of music in certain scenes.
Part 2 received critical acclaim, with praise going toward the writing, action scenes, storyline, plot, and ending of the film.
- The film is Jackiepwners' longest yet.
- The film allowed Jackiepwners to incorporate and experiment with elements of the thriller genre.
- The film Oldboy slightly influenced the thriller aspects of the story.
- Like Misfits, the film is deeply influenced by violent themes.
- Unlike his previous films, Jackiepwners implemented new genres of music to the film.